Belgium

On 22 April 1915 the German Fourth Army carried out a poison gas attack against French divisions who were part of the Allied Front Line in Ieper, Belgium. In military history, this devastating attack is known as the beginning of The Second Battle of Ieper, which ended on 25th May 1915, and it marks the first large-scale use of toxic chemical agents in warfare.

The photographic material displayed below has been provided by the Embassy of Belgium in The Hague, the Netherlands.

Print Friendly

No Comments

Leave a Reply